Elvis, Buddy Holly & a Great Fish Story – all on August 6 Episode of Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast
ORLANDO (Aug. 6, 2012) – There are still mysteries and controversy surrounding what many feel is the day the music died, Feb.3, 1959, when Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper and Richie Valens died in a plane crash. This week on the official radio program of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, we talk with Gary Moore, author of the book “Hey Buddy” and he unveils what has not been told to us through the years.
Additional random amazements discussed this week
- We also visit with a security guard in Nashville and hear about his Elvis sighting.
- Chris Epting explains what happened to the pyramid that traveled with rocker Todd Rundgren during the 1970s and in who’s backyard it is now standing.
- Edward Meyer, Ripley’s archivist tells us about a very large chunk of Elvis’s hair in the archives.
- Intern Abby unveils a very odd map of the US in which each state is identified by its biggest fault.
- Tim talks with the quirky CBS News correspondent Bill Geist as they walked through the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium in Orlando.
- Ralf is impressed with the fact that a president of a country has a hit rap song on the charts.
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley’s is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
For detailed information on each show, the hosts and a look at the extensive archives, please visit the Ripley Radio website. Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast is also on Facebook. Drop by and “Like” us!
To listen on a mobile device, download the free app at www.stitcher.com
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley’s Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 80-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office – 615-646-7465
Cell – 615-496-5949