Frozen Dead Guys & The World’s Greatest Sideshow Talker – on Aug. 13 Episode of Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast!
ORLANDO (Aug. 13, 2012) – Gail Rubin’s slightly irreverent but quite practical look at death and funerals led her to be a part of this year’s Frozen Dead Guy Festival where she unveiled her new game, the NewlyDead Game. This week on Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast, the official radio station of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, she talks with us about how to plan for your own funeral in a fun way.
Other Unbelievable items discussed this week on Ripley Radio:
- Ripley’s favorite witch, Judika Illes talks about the recent edict from the Catholic Church about witches;
- Intern Kyle examines the Doomsday Seed Bank in Norway;
- Tim visits with sideshow legend 81-year old Ward Hall who talks about the importance of the sideshow talker, or the Bally, in any midway show;
- We find out what happened to the 100,000 t-shirts that were printed listing the wrong Super Bowl Champion (sorry Pittsburgh);
- We learn about the extensive collection of Ripley’s Believe It or Not! death oriented exhibits, including Fantasy Coffins, the gallows from Chicago’s Cook County Jail, and the gas chamber chair from San Quentin Prison;
- We are told that Robert Ripley’s last word spoken was AMEN, just before he collapsed on live television during a show on funeral customs. He died two days later.
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley’s is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
For detailed information on each show, the hosts and a look at the extensive archives, please visit the Ripley Radio website. Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast is also on Facebook. Drop by and “Like” us!
To listen on a mobile device, download the free app at www.stitcher.com
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley’s Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 80-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office – 615-646-7465
Cell – 615-496-5949