The UFO Congress, Mob Museums & a Swami Nerd – all on April 30 Episode of Ripley Radio
ORLANDO, Fla. (April 30, 2012) – Lee Speigel, a regular contributor to Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast and a Huffington Post writer, not only gave a popular presentation to the International UFO Congress last month, but he was also awarded the UFO Researcher of the Year. This week, he talks about the award and about the importance of the UFO Congress.
Swami Yomahmi, the self-proclaimed “Original Sideshow Geek,” has one of the most original sideshow acts in the business today – combining traditional acts with a heavy dose of nerdiness and humor! He drops by this week and discusses his act, why he does what he does, and maybe most importantly, what his mother thinks of his line of work!
More Amazing, Unusual, Bizarre and Unbelievable Stories Covered This Week:
- Remember the violent St. Valentine’s Day Massacre in Chicago? The wall behind the seven mobsters who met their demise is now a leading exhibit at the new Mob Museum in Las Vegas. Where has the brick wall been since 1929? For many years, it was used as a back splash for a men’s room urinal in Vancouver, Canada. Tune in for details!
- Extreme Dine & Dash. Five well-dressed men spent the evening drinking and running up the check at a posh restaurant in Australia, and then left an unpaid bill as they all jumped out the windows of the 55th floor establishment. Ralf has full details on what happened to them next!
- Abby relates an incredible tale of how a man stole a woman’s identity and lived as that lady, running up more than $100,000 in bills over a 13 year period before getting caught!
- Bicyclist Kevin Foster (aka Captain America), whose feats impressed and encouraged other bikers including Lance Armstrong, talks with Ralf about his bike trek on the Great Wall of China and an upcoming event this summer in each of the 50 states!
- We hear about the Trashy Fashion Show at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! in St. Augustine where young women made dresses out of recyclable items, including paintbrushes and coffee filters!
- Edward announces a new traveling exhibit created to show exclusively at Science Museums throughout North America. “Science Behind Ripley’s Believe It or Not! “ is set to visit 16 venues over the next six years.
- AND Walk off the Earth provides our exit tune this week, their own version of “Somebody I Used to Know.”
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley’s is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
For detailed information on each show, the hosts and a look at the extensive archives, please visit the Ripley Radio website. Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast is also on Facebook. Drop by and “Like” us!
To listen on a mobile device, download the free app at www.stitcher.com
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley’s Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 80-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office – 615-646-7465
Cell – 615-496-5949