Taco-Copters & The Heart Attack Grill – On May 14 Episode of Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast
ORLANDO, Fla. (May 14, 2012) – This week, we interview the owner, but we don’t necessarily endorse his concept, of a restaurant in Las Vegas that has a huge sign at the front door warning: “Caution, This establishment is bad for your health.” There have been several real heart attacks at The Heart Attack Grill, whose slogan reads “High Calorie, High Fun, Good Tasting Food.” Samples from the menu include Flat Line Fries and the Triple By-Pass Burger.
Imagine living far from a Mexican food restaurant and you yearn for a taco. What do you do? You get online, order a taco and before long, a flying robotic drone lands on your front lawn, you go out and unload your taco and the drone takes off to conduct yet another palate saving mission.
The Taco-Copter is a reality in San Francisco, and there is talk of a Lobster Copter in New England. But wait – the Federal Aviation Administration has put a temporary kibosh on the idea. Angela gives us the latest details on this innovative food delivery system.
Other Amazing, Awesome and Totally Unbelievable Topics Covered This Week:
- Ralf talks with 6-year old Drew Cox and his mother about the young man’s Lemonade Stand that has earned more than $25,000 in sales – all destined to help pay medical expenses for his sick father.
- A High School in Connecticut is in line to set a record in two years for the most twins in a graduating class.
- Abby reports on an interactive celebrity poster in Japan that will kiss you back. Creepy but true!
- Ripley’s special guest this week, Scott Fais of Orlando’s Channel 13, unveils the location of Florida’s Spook Hill, where he witnessed cars, skateboards and a shopping cart rolling backward up a hill. Many different, far-fetched explanations are discussed.
- From her book, Myths and Mysteries of New Jersey, Fran Capo discusses an unsolved murder that involved a minister and the star singer in his church’s choir.
- Closing out the show this week, we hear “We are Young,” by Fun.
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley’s is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
For detailed information on each show, the hosts and a look at the extensive archives, please visit the Ripley Radio website. Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast is also on Facebook. Drop by and “Like” us!
To listen on a mobile device, download the free app at www.stitcher.com
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley’s Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 80-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office – 615-646-7465
Cell – 615-496-5949