Mini-Kiss, Hot Dog Pizza & Home-Made Nuclear Reactors , All on May 21 Episode of Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast
ORLANDO, Fla. (May 21, 2012) – Believe It or Not, the rock group Mini-Kiss, a group of small guys in full Kiss Rock and Roll makeup, really does exist as a touring band AND they are heading to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! St. Augustine for a Memorial Day Weekend show! This week, Mini-Gene Simmons visits the Ripley Oddcast and explains their show and their excitement in working with the “real” Kiss in a Super Bowl Pepsi commercial a few years back.
When it comes to putting ingredients on pizza, just about everything has been tried over the years, so what does a pizza chain do now to create excitement and new tastes for their product? The answer is simple – they turn to the crust, not the toppings. Angela checks in this week with a report on what crusty concoctions are appearing on pizzas world-wide – including Pizza Hut’s new hot dog stuffed pizza.
Additional Bizarre, Fun, Strange and Unbelievable Topics Discussed this week:
- Intern Abby tells the remarkable tale about Taylor Wilson, a 17-year old who made a nuclear reactor in his mom’s basement and is now a teenage consultant with the government.
- We learn if drinking a carbonated beverage and eating Pop Rocks candy can really make you explode as the popular and long-lived urban myth suggests. Nearly 10,000 spectators at a baseball game try it out. Ralf talks with a Pop Rocks VP to see how many survived.
- How do we keep cobra snakes from taking over North America? Tom Roy says all you have to do is yell FUDGE at noon on June 2. It must work. When was the last time you saw a cobra in a woodpile?
- Our in-studio guest, Scott Fais, a reporter with Orlando’s Channel 13, unveils two of- the-beaten-path attractions in Ochopee, Fla. – America’s smallest post office and the official Skunk Ape Research Center.
- In our Weird Medical Malady Minute, our Solutionologist Jodi Pliszka describes the condition in which a person cannot EVER forget anything.
- Our musical egress this week is “Glad You Came,” by Wanted.
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley’s is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
For detailed information on each show, the hosts and a look at the extensive archives, please visit the Ripley Radio website. Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast is also on Facebook. Drop by and “Like” us!
To listen on a mobile device, download the free app at www.stitcher.com
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley’s Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 80-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office – 615-646-7465
Cell – 615-496-5949