Dinosaurs Roaming Africa, a Huge Tree House & A Cure for Hiccups – All on June 4 Episode of Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast
ORLANDO, Fla. (June 4, 2012) – Imagine every time you hear a specific song, whether in the car, at home or on the beach, you immediately go into a seizure. It’s a problem suffered by those afflicted with a medical malady commonly known as Music Induced Syndrome. It’s rare and it’s UNBELIEVABLE! Jodi Pliszka stops by and tells us all about it.
There are people who have recently seen live dinosaurs in Africa! Lee Speigel tells us a fascinating story about an upcoming expedition that will trek into the deep and dark interior areas of the
country to see if they also can spot and of course, chronicle the big guys.
Other Outrageous, Weird, Fun and Unbelievable Items Discussed This Week:
- Horace Burgess, who built the World’s Largest Tree House in Crossville, Tenn. tells Ralf how and why he built it and what it is used for today.
- A 13-Year Old school girl has developed a cure for hiccups. Really! Tune in to hear how her science project may have solved an age-old quandary of the medical community.
- Stop, Drop and Sing? Angela reports on new evidence that sound waves can actually put out fires! Believe It or Not!
- Tom Roy, our weird holiday creator, explains a very logical, albeit weird celebration: Particularly Preposterous Packaging Day!
- Edward tells us about a few of the unique exhibits in the newest Believe It or Not! Odditorium, located in the Inner Harbor of Baltimore.
- Babe Ruth’s jersey just sold at auction for $4.4 million, the most expensive piece of sports memorabilia every sold! Edward notes that Ripley has a collection of Babe Ruth items, most located in the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! in New York City.
- Grouplove’s catchy tune, Tongue Tied, is our musical egress this week.
Ripley Radio is a journey through the weird, wacky, whimsical, wild, and totally unbelievable world of the odd, strange and unusual. Each show provides listeners with amazing and absolutely true tales of today, as well as unbelievable facts culled from the extensive archives of the company that has been freaking out families for more than 90 years!
The weekly broadcast is an unpredictable and fun-filled show that proves beyond all dimensions that Ripley’s is indeed, the global authority on the weird, strange, bizarre and the UNBELIEVABLE!
For detailed information on each show, the hosts and a look at the extensive archives, please visit the Ripley Radio website. Ripley Radio – An On-Demand Oddcast is also on Facebook. Drop by and “Like” us!
To listen on a mobile device, download the free app at www.stitcher.com
About Ripley Radio
Ripley Radio is owned by Ripley Entertainment Inc., keepers of the venerable Ripley’s Believe It or Not! brand and is a global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 12 million guests visit its 80-plus world-wide attractions annually. The Orlando-based company also has divisions that oversee publishing, licensing and broadcast operations. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the third-largest privately held company in Canada.
Ripley Radio Executive Producer
Ripley Entertainment Inc.
Office – 615-646-7465
Cell – 615-496-5949